1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Force Awakens" (with SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So there is only going to be a 17-month gap between VIII (TLJ) and IX, with the Han Solo movie dropping in May 2018.

Disney's gonna pump that golden goose for all the eggs it can squeeze out.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I've got no problem with this as long as they're quality flicks. That'll eventually drop off, I'm sure.

But I've really enjoyed the first two produced under new management.

3. Starman

Yeah, they have definitely done their focus-group homework and done away with most of the crap people didn't like in the prequels.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when one of the films really lays an egg.

4. Starman

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

heyabbott and bigpern23 like this.
  6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SFIND likes this.
  8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. If I think an artist is overrated and has a middle of the road sensibility, I will always say he blows.

9. Starman

Since the movie is reportedly 3/4 through principal shooting, Howard will probably have a month or so to do any additional filming or reshoots he thinks necessary, then move into editing and post production.

It doesn't sound like they'll be allowing him very extensive changes to the storyline, unless they're going to push back the release date.

It certainly could give Howard a foot in the door when Disney/Lucasfilm is figuring out where they want to go with the main franchise after Episode IX.

10. Deskgrunt50

Good get after the other dudes dropped out. Still wonder what caused that.

I'll see it for sure. But this is shaky ground. Dangerous to mess with perhaps the most iconic character of all time.

11. Starman

The press release about the previous creative team leaving cited "creative differences," so I suppose we can infer they wanted to do something in the movie that Disney/Lucasfilm and Kasdan didn't like.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  12. Deskgrunt50

I certainly trust Kasdan.

Draft saved Draft deleted