1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Force Awakens" (with SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think the last two episodes were terrible, but I was disappointed by No. 5. It was the worst yet. It was almost as if they thought it was enough to take a familiar setting, references to the original movies and throw in a little action without bothering to put together a decent story.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Saw this earlier and was going to post. Good stuff.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Is that everyone under Disney’s umbrella right now?

5. outofplace

George Lucas cut the best Star Wars lightsaber fight out of the prequels

Color me surprised George Lucas didn't re-release Revenge of the Sith with this scene added. In the version of the movie we saw, Obi-Wan Kenobi dropped a huge object from the ceiling on six of General Grievous's bodyguards before taking on Grievous himself. The original scene had him take them all on with his lightsaber, but that was cut for time.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Just started Episode 6 so I can't judge its quality, but the guest cast is amazing.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Great cast and a suspenseful episode.

8. outofplace

I thought it was well done, though Mando’s literal plot armor is tough to take at times.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

I’m guessing anybody who wanted a regular seat and couldn’t get one that night is still going to see it. I wanted to go Saturday. Because my only option would have been 3D, I am going Monday.

11. Deskgrunt50

Saw the last one in 3-d. Didn’t really add much for me. Regular screen for the new one.

Thought Bill Burr was good in the last Mandalorian. Took a minute to get used to.

The other dude will forever be associated with Sons of Anarchy. But pretty good casting for the role he played.

Still shocked how much money Disney left on on the table with no Baby Yoda merch ready for Christmas. Not that the company is hurting...

Still waiting for Giancarlo Esposito!

12. outofplace

I thought the episode was well cast. I'm not sure if I would have recognized Clancy Brown if I didn't know he was appearing in it ahead of time. It is funny because he has such a distinctive voice, but he also has the ability to tweak it a little. Say what you will, but going from the Kurgan to Mr. Krabs is some versatility!

Draft saved Draft deleted