1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Force Awakens" (with SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Now, the hot rumors for TROS is that JJ is going to semi-retcon his own storyline from TFA and if not resurrect Han completely, bring him back for lengthy flashbacks or Jedi time travel, etc etc.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

On the one hand, we have fans correctly saying that George Lucas should not only leave the original movies alone, he should restore them to the original versions. On the other hand, we have yet another fan-made re-imagining of parts of Star Wars. This one uses original footage, but dubs in additional dialogue for Darth Vader.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

New trailer. Looks fun. Obviously doesn’t reveal much. Palpatine seemingly plays a big role based on the voice-over and imagery.

Hoping they can do Carrie Fisher justice. Tall order.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Everybody is focused on Rey and the Swiss Army light saber and I'm over here wondering about C-3PO's red eyes.

5. outofplace

I was wondering about those, too. I've heard some fan theories about that too, mostly based on who built him.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And he did have a red arm in TFA, sort of like a certain whiny Sith lord.

7. outofplace

Batman likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

9. outofplace

I had to look it up again because I forgot what the story was, but I assume the red eyes are something completely different.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Final trailer and tickets on sale tonight, same as a couple of years ago, cross-promotion with Disney/ESPN on Monday Night Football. Synergy!

11. outofplace

12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

As soon as I saw the horses, my mind when to the Fire Mares from Krull.

Draft saved Draft deleted