1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Foolishness Must Stop

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Did someone tell boots he's a moderator again? You guys really need to find some new April Fool's pranks.

Hey boots, the day you suck down even a teaspoon of the medicine you're trying to dish out is the day I shit a 1:32-scale replica of Dale Earnhardt's Daytona car.

2. boots

boots New Member

The joke chick is that it keeps going on. At some point, people have got to grow up. I have fun on here but of late, it has been pretty screwed up. It has actually gotten to the point where I'm just reading the crap posted and it's always the same people every time. Every day. And you can pretty much pick the time of day they come on.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Boots, just because you pick fights with IJAG and she fires back, doesn't mean there's a general problem on the board, or that it's her fault you get cussed at. And no, I don't think there has been more nastiness than usual. The Rome-Wynalda thread has had lots of spirited, clean debate.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Please, dear god, tell me that we're not going to take this seriously and have one of those "what does it all mean" periods on the board.

boots, you've been stirring shit ever since your thread got locked. The sheer fact that a guy whose biggest contribution to the board has been a year-long fictional opus about anal sex starts a thread gnashing teeth about the level of discourse around here is enough irony to choke us all.

How about you work on improving your posting, and the rest of us will work on ourselves, too. K?

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

There always has and always will be a cool table. Where the food fight originates and whom it is directed at seems to change as time goes on... :)

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Introspection bad. Gang assault good.

[​IMG]

7. boots

boots New Member

I didn't take anyone's head off. That's the way you interpreted it and you interpreted it wrong.
    As for the threads being killed, yes I felt it was subjective by Johnny Dangerously. That's his prerogative as moderator. I expressed my feelings about it to him publicly and in a PM.
    As far as getting other threads shot down, yes, I feel some of them need to be locked. That didn't happen. So be it.
    But the vile that's coming from these computers is sickening.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

She kind of has the fuck-me-eyes, doesn't she?

9. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Zeke, I don't think there's a chance. If it were one of the board's respected elders (insert spnited, JR, casty joke here) who started this, maybe it'd happen. But as you eloquently put it (and I will paraphrase), boots is the dumbass who slings this shit as much as anyone. He's just getting brassed off because it's coming at him and he can't deal with the hit to his ENORMOUS FUCKING EGO. Nobody's going to take this seriously, I 'spect.

Oh, and who's at the cool table? I'm just curious, since it's getting talked about so much.

EDIT: Dear God, slippers. It's BILE, not vile.

10. I can't imagine that I'm at the cool table ... I'm just tired of the main instigator whining about how he's treated. If this is a problem for others, why don't they start a thread for once?

11. John

John Well-Known Member

Won't somebody please think of the children!

[​IMG]

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You bet, shot. The unwashed hordes are shouting down boots, the prophet before his time.

For the love of god.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.