1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Foolishness Must Stop

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Really ... what did I miss?

2. boots

boots New Member

Cadet, I have admitted as much. I know people don't like what I say for whatever reason. That's cool. We can all disagree. But the crap that has gone on for the last few days has gone far enough. And that includes the moderators too. They're as much to blame as everyone else along here. No one is exempt and I'm definitely big enough to point out my misgivings.
    I, for one, am truly sorry the site has come down to this. Somebody has to say something about. That's why I've created this thread. I really want to find an end to this madness.
    And as for respecting opinion write brain, that doesn't mean jack. No one here signs my paycheck (at least that I know of). I am very well respected so getting on here giving advice or my opinion doesn't make or break my day.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Yes, Write-brained, the poster you seem to have a problem with is named stoob.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

A general outbreak of nastiness. People, as I have said before, just do not know how to debate. Or etabed.

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I try to be polite most of the time. The usual sniping is tedious. But I reserve the right to call an ass an ass.

YHS, etc

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I haven't noticed any nastiness since I've been back from Vegas except for some stuff involving Boom and boots.

Boots starting this thread is a joke. It woulda been thing if you'd started it, shottie, another for someone who's been known to stalk people to do so.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Funny thing is, much of the prepubescent name-calling has come from the females. Take this thread...

8. Yet you keep starting threads about it ...

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Neither Cadet nor I have called anybody names, Shottie, and we're the only females who've posted on this thread.

10. boots

boots New Member

Shot called it right. The problem write-brain is that you and others jump on people like its a wolf pack. I don't know your background. I don't know anything about you. But from your postings, I'm guessing that you're under 40 and stuck either on the desk and have a lot of time to spend on a computer. That's cool and there's nothing wrong with it. But you need to listen some times and you might learn something. I know I don't know it all and I do listen.
    That's one reason why I created this thread to end this crap hopefully once and for all. Perhaps if that happens, then maybe people who really have something to say will begin posting again.
    And yes, I started it. It's something that's been needed around here for quite some time.

11. It's all been centered around Boots: Boots' thread gets locked. Boots tries to get Random Thoughts and other threads locked. Boots involved in several other skirmishes ... accusing IJAG of trying to kill a thread, taking someone's head off for politely asking him to explain a comment. Boots has been in the middle of it all ... but that was mostly this weekend ... Tuesday and today have been relatively quiet.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I feel like I'm in a middle-school lunchroom and certain people are sitting at the cool table.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.