1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Food Network's Next Star

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jun 17, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Plus, she's you know, probably the best.

2. duckncover

duckncover Member

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

"Oh my hands are burning!"

OK, that's the only full episode I've ever seen.

The show cracks me up because the Food Network personalities take on that hard edge ... and this time it's personal!-like attitude. Alton Brown! Bad ass!

Memo to Food Network talent, you essentially flip burgers on cable TV and serve as masturbation fodder for SJ Masturbation Nation. Take the vengeance vibe down a notch or nine.

Though I think we should have the next SJ star.

4. Hustle

Hustle Guest

OK, I know I swore this damn show off, but we tuned in at the end just to see who the final two would be.

Turns out JAG pulled an O'Leary and dropped out.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

My mom adores this show, but I've never seen it. Top Chef has dropped off. Though I guess it was only a matter of time before Hung broke out the foam. Tre seems like a good guy and my pick to win. That other dude, Jamie or something? He can go to hell. Straight to hell.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

And he did since he had to drop out over lying about his background.
    So Food Network doesn't even do a cursory background check like seeing dude was actually in the military? C'mon.
    Top Chef is so much better even though at times it is like watching a televised version of Fuck Your Buddy. Just about everyone who gets immunity, phones it in.
    Am I really supposed to believe that a professional chef forgets to add salt? Oh Casey, your tears make me laugh.
    And the Bravp show about the crazed real estate guy has me intrigued.
    I've clearly said too much. Umm never mind

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

My impression was that Jag's military background was legit. The lie was that he had served in Afghanistan.

8. Mira

Mira Member

The way the producers played out dumping Amy was BS. They knew Jag was out before they dumped her, just to bring her back on.

Watching Rory do her thing on Rachael's show solidified for me that their personalities are SO much alike, it's scary.

I can't stand Amy, but I still think she wins because of Rory's horse teeth factor.

9. Kable

Kable Member

The first statement was true. That was a lot of BS in that segment.

I actually think Amy is the most ready. I think it's kind of unfair to Rory since she IS "technically" the last one standing, but I didn't think Amy should have been canned in favor of Jag either based on her being more consistent.

I wanted Jag to win this badly, but you can't lie on any other job application. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up in next year's NFNS.

BTW, Rory does have a set of teeth on her, but I don't want to put it against her.

Plus, it's the "Next Food Network Star," but it's all good whomever made this thread.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Nobody in my house can stand Rory.

Draft saved Draft deleted