1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Food Network's Next Star

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jun 17, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I know we have a lot of Top Chef fans here, but is anyone else watching this? I missed the first episode or two, but the episode on right now features Giada and is basically a grilling episode. These recipes look really good.

2. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Oh, I am watching, and that dude forgetting to serve was painful to watch.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm on it. My third year with the show.

Dumping the hottest woman right up front, bad move.

4. Hustle

Hustle Guest

JAG wins this thing unless he takes a giant dump all over himself in the next few weeks. His only real competition is Adrien.

And good move dumping Colombe. ("How do I know where to look for cinnamon? It's all alphabetical!")

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

What's with the woman with the giant teeth? You can't have teeth like that on TV, not even on cable.

And I liked Colombe's response when she went back to the crib after being dumped and someone said, "What did they say?'

"That I have to leave."

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I could watch a show with Amy with no problem.

But last night's show . . . coming up with an idea to serve fans at an NBA game . . . good god, one guy made meatball sandwiches and the meatballs were the size of a basketball. Try to eat that and you'd have sauce over half the people in your row.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

TTIUWOP:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Back on topic after the Alton Brown segment ... this is the weakest final four I can recall from this series.

And so much personal sidebar drama ... sheesh.

I'm not sure any of these folks are worthy.

9. Hustle

Hustle Guest

The two permanent judges they have on there, Bob and Susie, are intolerable.

If I remember right, they went hunting for food people, not TV people. To expect these fresh-off-the-street contestants to pick up TV-show performance immediately is just insane. Then to rip them for not doing so is even worse.

The personal drama only makes the show more unwatchable. So I'll find something else on Sunday nights.

10. Mira

Mira Member

I agree the two Food Network execs, Bob and Susie, are terrible.

Jag or Amy should win, but all four finalists are irritating.

Top Chef is much better, although the current season is the weakest out of three.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The current season of Top Chef could show three consecutive weeks of chefs peeling potatoes and it wouldn't be as bad as last season's debacle where the two best cooks didn't make the finals.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I think Amy wins. The other woman has the giant teeth, so no one wants her. Last year's winner was a man, so that works against Jag. Plus, they have the drama of Amy almost quitting to go home to her family, then rallying to win.

Draft saved Draft deleted