1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The flu

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Feb 28, 2009.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

That, and handfuls of something called Wellness Formula by Source Naturals. You can find it in any health food store. It's a bunch of herbs and root extract, and smells like stinky feet, but thousands of years of anecdotal evidence can't be wrong. I swear by it and start pounding it at the first signs of a sniffle.
    Unless it's the stomach flu, and then the smell of WF will send you reeling.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You can't beat the flu, you can only hope to contain it.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No doctor. Just riding it out. It isn't much better today, but as far as the flu goes, I have had it worse. I am sitting up and staring at the wall right now. Life's not too bad. Still pounding Gatorade and this apple-cinnamon tea that I never drink except when I feel sick.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Mikey will pass him before spring's over.

I third the recommendation of juice. If you don't eat meat, I can't offer my second recommendation of chicken soup.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Sorry to hear you have the flu, Ragu. Hope you get better.

I recommend the hot, hot shower suggestion. Or, I often will shut the bathroom door and run the shower on super hot to create a steam room effect. That seems to help.

6. micke77

micke77 Member

As so many others have suggested, sleep is the No. 1 priority.
    I've found when I've had the flu, the best medicine has always been the Contact tablets. It has always worked for me.
    Food-wise, you can't beat good ol' chicken noodles' soup. Soup is a must. And fluids, fluids, fluids.
    Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with flu the past two-to-three years. Usually, because of some cohorts feeling it is a sign of dedication or whatever to come to work while you've got this crap, I will come down with it. I'll have it maybe three-to-four days max, take my Contact, then feel fine.
    and wash those hands. i keep one of those Purel bottles of liquid soap handy at home and at work at the flu time of the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted