1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The flu

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Feb 28, 2009.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am so not used to being sick.

I have the flu. Other than copious amounts of knock-out drugs, any advice for getting through this little bit of misery?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sleep and general rest. Catch up on your reading.

Lots of chicken soup and other fluids. Personally, I go with apple juice. About the only time I'll drink juice is when I'm ill.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Fluids, fluids, fluids. I find orange juice the best.

Other than that, just try to sleep. Good luck.

4. The Big Ragu

Yeah, thanks. I've been doing fluids all day. Last time I remember getting a virus, it got serious and I dehydrated, so I have been pounding gatorade preemptively all day.

I had to cancel something today because of it, so I have been either trying to nap (to no avail) or writing and tooling around on here all day. I hate this feeling. Just achy and feverish.

Oh, and SC, you had to go there, eh? Chicken soup? :)

5. sportschick

Shit! Sorry, momentary brain fart.

How about the hot veggie soup of your choice?

6. The Big Ragu

Heh. :)

I have a friend who makes fun of me a constant barrage of , "Go eat some lentils" comments. We talked earlier today and naturally he said, "You know what I like when I am sick? Lentil soup."

For the record, I don't eat lentils very often. :) Right now, it's pretty much Gatorade. Lots of it.

7. If you have the energy, take a long, hot bath or shower. Sleep with several blankets tonight. Sweat it out.

8. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Had the flu last year. Worst two weeks in a long, long time. That prompted me to get a flu shot back in October. Just hoping they had the right flu strains in it.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

But the fact you're able to still post is impressive. This will go up there with The Jordan Flu Game in sports lore.

10. The Big Ragu

You think a little flu can slow me down in my quest to catch BYH?

11. sportschick

You're really gonna have to step it up if you want to catch him. Man's a posting savant.

12. The Big Ragu

Maybe if I split some of the longer posts into 50 posts?

Draft saved Draft deleted