1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Flashbacks Have Started/Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lono, Jul 25, 2009.

1. lono

lono Active Member

Having a toxic relationship weekend.

Lots of strange shit happening with a couple of old friends, so I opt to stay away from their respective psychoses.

Instead, I head to nearby - and usually blissfully quiet - Irish pub for a black-and-tan and dinner.

And WTF happens?

In walks the African-American guy in the Miller High Life TV commercials who repossess beer from yuppie bars.

He demands a case of High Life from the bartender and starts handing out free beer to the whole bar, except for me, who's drinking a black-and-tan. ???

You can't make this shit up.

And even if you could, why would you?
  2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Exactly how many black-and-tans did you have before you "saw" this?
  3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Puff, puff give.
  4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

So, you're the only person who didn't get a beer? Surely you weren't the only one who already had a beer on the bar. The guy was just offended that you were drinking a black-and-tan? Now, that IS weird.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

If I were there, I'd buy you one ... being tossed into a toxic relationship dynamic sucks. Being in the middle of them - no matter the type of relationship - isn't much fun, either.

I'm sure someone here who doesn't like Miller will say your current drink of choice is far superior. I can't exactly speak from experience.
  6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Fits with the whole schtik. The guy should have been at some dive bar.

In a few moments, a guy will walk in replacing the Millers with Schlitz.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

Or Schaefer Light. Or maybe even PBR.
  8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I love Windell Millbrooks
  9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

It must have been your ostrich burger. That's not a burger, that's a bird.
  10. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Perhaps he was offended that Lono was drinking a black-and-tan in an Irish pub.
  11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

A victory for America and Miller drinkers everywhere! Take that, fancy-beer-drinking posers. :)
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd be offended by somebody drinking a High Life in an Irish pub. Order a Guinness! Or at least a Harp.
Draft saved Draft deleted