1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The first SJ.com poll of the 2016 Presidential election

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 16, 2016.

?

Who do you WANT to win in the 2016 Presidential election

1. Clinton

57 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. Trump

10 vote(s)
    14.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. I'd consider Kasich is he somehow got the GOP nomination

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Soros and his minions should have fun planning them.

old_tony likes this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Kasich will be gleefully exposed if it looks like he's a threat to get the nomination.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I will go out on a limb (for as much as my opinion carries weight) and say I do want Hillary regardless of who the GOP throws out there. I might have voted for Biden or Elizabeth Warren over her, but I just can't get behind the Republicans right now. I think she has a good amount of experience to do the job and do it well.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Crap. Now someone has to go change the thread title to the Trump thread.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

No surprise but I'm for Clinton. IMHO she at least has the best potential to do a decent job as opposed to whatever the GOP is selling these days.

Trump? I had the scary thought that he's trying to replicate what Schwarznegger did on a state-wide level in 2003 in my great state. History has shown that Arnold really screwed our state up, allowing the freakin' prison guard union to dictate what went on (because no one else wanted to pay attention, me included).

With Rubio out now, there is not even an inkling of pragmatic, effective leadership and ideas left in the GOP candidate field; only a collection of nearly extremists who want to infringe on the personal rights of those who dare to disagree with their religious teachings.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Aggressive eye roll.

old_tony likes this.
  8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Who is the "least objectionable option" might've been a more accurate way to phrase this poll question.

I will vote for Hillary, but I'm having trouble attaching "want" to that sentiment.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

2 votes for Trump? Looks like Yankee Fan voted twice. I'd definitely vote for Hillary over Drumpf or Cruz, though maybe not Kasich.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Clearly the silent majority supports Trump.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Same way I feel about Trump.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

This pretty well sums it up for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.