1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The first rule of South Oak Cliff High School ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dignan, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Dignan

Dignan Guest

... you do not talk about South Oak Cliff High School.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/031909dnmetcagefight.3dfc1c3.html

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

It cannot be overstated how corrupt and utterly fucked up that high school is.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Um...damn. That's nuts.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Now that's what I call Moten Swing.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So was this MMA, K-1 or the thing Kimbo Slice fought in a few months ago?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Two men enter! One man leaves!

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How the administrators thought that they could get away with this for their entire career just amazes me.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One thing that did jump out at me in the story. If this was going on for years, all these fights, no parents ever got pissed off when their kids came home beat up? None of them ever wondered what was going on? The story talked about the culture at the school, and I get that, but all these fights and none of them ended up with a kid who needed medical attention?
    It just seems that somewhere out there is a chatty former student or three who was involved in one of these fights and can confirm or deny. Especially if the existence of the fights was "common knowledge" around the school like the story said.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

South Oak Cliff is a small town unto itself within Dallas. I'm not surprised no one is talking.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Why this wasn't brought up into the light sooner amazes me more. Either way, that's one messed up school.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Do you mean that bullshit Elite series where he got TKO'd in like 10 seconds by a no-name last-minute replacement for his scheduled opponent? What a bad-ass. ::)

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    A student at South Oak Cliff Elementary starts another day of school.

Draft saved Draft deleted