1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The first 8 bites of a fresh green apple ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

are really good. Ripe. Crisp. Crunchy. Juicy. Sweet with just a hint of sour. Good stuff.

I'm waiting for a new business partner, who is an hour late to our second meeting (I spawned an idea, and we're going to turn it into a $100 million product), and eating a really delicious green apple. The first 8 bites were fantastic.

Got me thinking ...

What are your favorite foods in which you wished the first 8 bites would never end?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

End well this will not.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Do they have to be bites?

Can they be, uh, licks?

In that case, I'd go with a Tootsie Roll Pop. Perfect combination of lots and lots of things ...

... such as chocolate, sugar and hard candy.

Xan, can I offer some sweat equity for your product, in exchange for fat stock options?

5. Songbird

wicked, sure. If all goes how I think it will, the idea will explode onto the American scene. Maybe Canada, too :D Hell, let's make it a NAFTA thing! Mexico, too!

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Xan
    What kind of apple?

7. Songbird

granny? i don't know. it's green and it's large.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to applejack this thread.

9. Songbird

Har Har Har. Good one. Canada is proud of you :D

Meanwhile, business partner, whose dream it is to sing professionally (she's gigging with the Philly Pops right now) is talking to a Disney rep in Orlando. Apparently there are auditions there soon. Our business union might end before it really began.

But I have a long-ago friend in Manhattan, who made some cash in Silicon Valley. I think he can help me facilitate the idea. Maybe if I bring him a big, green, juicy apple.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I can't think of anything, except maybe a steak, that it takes more than eight bites to eat ...

11. Songbird

But it's the *first 8 bites" that are the best of anything.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How about the first eight sips of a well-prepared chocolate malt?

Draft saved Draft deleted