1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The First 48

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Apr 6, 2007.

1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Rather than threadjack the Office thread - which is my favorite show, anyway - I thought I'd throw this one on a new thread.

The First 48 comes on A&E right after the Office at 9. It is 1B on my top shows list. I love the way the espisodes are filmed, the detectives all have their own personalities (Det. Tony Mullins from Memphis is the effing man) and it's pretty remarkable when they can solve a case in less than two days when they had no leads for the first 24 hours.

If only A&E didn't show CSI: Miami seven times a day and instead broadcast this more than once a week. I've always dug real-life shows like this (and Cold Case Files).

As an aside, I find it fascinating how today's technology has improved detective work so much. I wonder how the old detectives feel, seeing how a criminologist today can click a mouse button to find whose fingerprint was left here in a couple of seconds, whereas before it took poring over 20,000 cards over the course of time...

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

See, this is one of the reasons I miss cable right now. The First 48 is incredibly gripping stuff.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, First 48 is great stuff. I love A&E. Anything voiced over by Bill Curtis, I'll watch it.

4. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I've been meaning to catch The First 48 but never have. Let me recommend Intervention, another great A&E show.

5. I thought it was about the continental United States.

6. tardreedo

tardreedo Member

This show has been set on my Tivo for two years now. Love it. Can never wait for a new episode.

That being said, I'd never, ever want their jobs. Being on-call 24-7 and dealing with crack heads and murderers is no job for me. Give me coaches who won't return calls and pissed-off parents any day.

Draft saved Draft deleted