1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The First 2012 SJ.Com Presidential Poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 11, 2012.

?

Who will win the 2012 Presidential Election

1. Obama

87 vote(s)
    89.7%
  2. Romney

10 vote(s)
    10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Unless war with Iran breaks out -- thus driving gas to $5-$7 a gallon -- I'm confident that Obama will win because:

1. It's a 99% v. 1% election, and the GOP's chosen a 1% posterboy.
    2. Obama leads among women by anywhere from 12 to 19 percent, depending on the poll you choose.
    3. Obama leads among Hispanics, according to a poll I saw last night, something like 80 to 14 percent.
    4. Obama is just a much better communicator and campaigner.
    5. The GOP ground game has deteriorated drastically in recent months. http://news.yahoo.com/why-romney-ground-game-lacking-145444676.html

2. Obama.

I don't invest much of myself into politics, but like J&E said, I think people are clamoring for a change, there's just not a strong enough candidate to bring it about. Essentially it comes down to Obama being the lesser of two evils, I think.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Obama:Clinton::Romney:Dole. Unless there's a massive downturn in the economy, I don't see Romney attracting any votes that didn't go to McCain four years ago.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If election is held today, Obama.

Vote is subject to change.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This was pretty much going to be my exact reasoning. Unless Obama is caught with a live girl or a dead boy, I can't see how he loses.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's a live boy or a dead girl.

And no quoting other posts, even though you meant it harmlessly.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In Bob Cook's absence (thus far), I will cite his favorite factor: Romney's approval rating plummets into the basement with every new state he visits. People just don't like him.

Obama got 365 electoral votes last time, with 53 percent of the popular vote. This time he gets to about 56 percent and pushes 400 EVs.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Big Ragu, sorry about that. I fail at reading comprehension (and shouldn't be posting while covering really boring meetings).

9. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

Obama. I think a lot of people can't get past Romney's Mormonism and those who can aren't finding him a good enough candidate.

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I'll vote for him in November, but whoever said Romney reminds them of Kerry is dead on. I think 400 electoral votes is a stretch, but unless the economy takes a nosedive (which I don't expect) Obama wins re-election fairly comfortably.

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Obama will win.

All of the reasons stated above, re: the economy. How the Supremes rule on the health care issue could possibly change my opinion.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Obama. Because the GOP has done nothing the last four years except play defense instead of going on offense (read: offering alternative programs) and hasn't reigned in the birthers and other party extremists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.