1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The First 2012 SJ.Com Presidential Poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 11, 2012.

?

Who will win the 2012 Presidential Election

1. Obama

87 vote(s)
    89.7%
  2. Romney

10 vote(s)
    10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'll throw one of these up every few weeks and vary the question. PLEASE read it carefully. It does not say who gets your vote - it says who will win.

We'll do these as long as the assholes don't get out of hand and ruin it for everyone. In which case we'll go back to no politics.

For these threads, vote and tell us how you voted and why. One sentence. Don't quote another post, don't debate another answer. Essentially, you get one vote and one post on this thread.

We thank you in advance.

2. Moderator1

Obama.

While there is some justifiable dissatisfaction, I don't think Romney is a strong enough candidate to pull in enough Obama supporters from 2008.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What Moddy said. Subject to change based on economy, etc.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Obama

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Obama.

Romney just doesn't seem like the type of person who can rally great support behind him. He reminds me a lot of Kerry in '04.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Obama, because inertia is powerful and because Romney is a psycho.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Obama -- economy is improving, and I don't think Romney will make a convincing enough case that he would put things on a better track.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Per Moddy:

(sorry for breaking the rules and quoting him, Moddy.)

9. Moderator1

Forgiven - and thanks everybody for following along thus far, though it is early. The "get your vote" polls will work the same way. But, as IJAG noted, this is who will win. And I'm pretty sure either Obama or Romney will win.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Obama.

I also put some degree of probability on the U.S. economy turning even worse (especially if there is a Euro meltdown before November, and a spillover effect), which would be the way I can see him becoming vulnerable.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obama.

He's done a less-than-spectacular job, but even economic disaster before November (which Team R will do its best to bring on) won't necessarily sink him, because there's not even the slightest scintillla of evidence the other guys have any better ideas, or for that matter, any ideas at all, other than "let's make the already-rich a lot richer."

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Obama -- The economy is improving and Romney scares the shit out of me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.