1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final presidential poll before Election Day

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Oct 28, 2020.

?

Who will you be voting, and how?

1. Joe Biden on Election Day

16 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. Donald Trump on Election Day

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. I've already voted for Joe Biden or will be before Election Day

72 vote(s)
    74.2%
  4. I've already voted for Donald Trump or will be before Election Day

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. I'm voting for/have already voted for someone

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Power.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Camera

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

power shame

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If Biden and the Dems really wanted to "own the Trumpers," he would tweet that effective immediately, gas is $5 a gallon and there will be a 90 percent tax on bullets, chewing tobacco and Busch Light.

maumann likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's all well and good.

But I would never stoop to tell him/her what is best for HIM/HER.

If he/she wants to argue "Candidate X is best for the country", that's one thing. But "Candidate X is better for ME" is something I will not touch. Because it would be the height of arrogance to assume I knew what was best for them.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Ahead of the 2016 election, when Hillary was favored, I told a couple of people that I felt Trump really had a chance to win. He was so smug and confident, he had something up his sleeve (probably Russian intervention, which I knew nothing about). I had three solid reasons. 1-People didn't like Hillary for whatever reason(s) and wouldn't vote for her. 2-Name recognition. Celebrities win. Like it or not, Trump was a celebrity. Reagan, Schwarzenegger, Ventura, Bono, Bunning, Franken, Kemp, and others, all won. 3-The silent majority is a real thing. You don't know their feelings and thoughts, they keep them private. They believe in the sanctity of the polling booth (this has been my tact, too, until this time).

That brings us to 2020. Trump does not seem as confident and there is an air of desperation. That's why he ends every answer with another brief, snide remark. Biden is leading in all of the significant polls and, this time, I think the silent majority has flipped away from Trump. They are tired of his daily drama and boastful lies. People aren't going to say it because feelings run high and arguments need to be avoided. In private voting, they won't choose him.
    And ..... COVID. The No. 1 factor in this election and Trump's downfall, deservedly so.

However, the only way Trump can win is if he has somehow rigged the election. He has claimed the election will be decided by the Supreme Court. He has screwed up the USPS and his followers have vandalized ballot drop-off boxes. It will be the country's nightmare if voting becomes meaningless and courts decide the winners.

I posted previously that I bet a Trump-loving friend a beer that Biden would win and I spotted him 10 million votes. I still believe that can happen, unless hundreds of thousands of votes are voided by Trump shenanigans.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The game for Trump and the republicans is claim victory as soon as possible on Election Day and then say any votes counted after that shouldn’t be counted for reasons.

Then hope Trump’s hand picked judges back up his claim of a win. That’s it. That’s Trump’s only chance at getting a win.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

While I applaud all of this, I think part of the paranoia is watching people on one side reject that last paragraph, including President Trump.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I've been saying for a while now that the division of the country is the worst since 1865. And it's all Trump's fault.

lakefront likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I’d blame Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Rupert Murdoch and the nuking of the Fairness Doctrine much more than Donald J. Trump. He’s just an opportunist.

garrow, FileNotFound, Mngwa and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted