1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final presidential poll before Election Day

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Oct 28, 2020.

?

Who will you be voting, and how?

1. Joe Biden on Election Day

16 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. Donald Trump on Election Day

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. I've already voted for Joe Biden or will be before Election Day

72 vote(s)
    74.2%
  4. I've already voted for Donald Trump or will be before Election Day

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. I'm voting for/have already voted for someone

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Voted weeks ago for Biden/Harris in person. Also voted Mark Warner and Donald McEachin in my district because McEachin's opponent is a wackadoo not even worth considering. My district is overwhelmingly blue so I don't think the Republicans ever even try to mount a challenge here.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Putin and his racist traitor puppet thank you.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Biden on Election Day. The closest early voting place is at least a 20-minute drive away, while my regular polling place is a 2-minute drive, 3 if the traffic light is red. I figure whatever time that I would be spending waiting to vote on Election Day would be spent driving to and from the early voting place. Plus I like feeling like part of the community when I vote on Election Day.

4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Biden on Election Day.

Wonder if we will hear what the OP plans to do, or has already done himself

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Voted early (in person at election office) for Uncle Joe. First time I've ever voted for a Democratic presidential candidate ... and truthfully, only did that because the Green Party's nominee couldn't get on the ballot here in Idaho (but Kanye West managed to ... grrr.).

As I've said many times, I don't live in one of the 6-10 states where my presidential vote matters. But hopefully my votes on down-ticket races, such as the county sheriff, and a couple referendums made voting worth it.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If you voted third party, then you voted for Trump. Congratulations. You own it if he wins.
    This is a binary choice for our very country. Your vote isn't so lofty and worthy that candidates should humble themselves before you and pass a purity test.
    It's a pure numbers game.

ChrisLong and TigerVols like this.
  7. I Should Coco

Respectfully disagree.

I voted for Nader in 2000 (lived in Michigan at the time, which Gore won handily), and I most certainly was not voting for GW Bush. I was voting for something — the Green Party platform. Much of which, if you look around 20 years later, has been adopted by Democrats such as AOC.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. I Should Coco

One last thought, and then I'll get off the soapbox.

Politics in the U.S. is, and needs to be, about so much more than your presidential vote every four years. So much can, and needs to be, accomplished by activists who work and pay attention between the elections.

Even in a dark-red state like Idaho, accomplishments can be made ... such as expanding Medicaid, which happened at the beginning of 2020, after years of hard work and organizing by political activists.

And don't worry, I plan to be celebrating next month after the worst president in U.S. history is voted out of office. But that won't end what we have to do.

wicked and champ_kind like this.
  9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Live in California. I walked my ballot for Biden to an official county drop-off location at our community clubhouse about 10 days ago. It took 1o minutes and 30 seconds, counting the 10-minute round trip walk.

Received an email and text a couple days later stating my ballot had been received.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    ChrisLong likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's not what @Driftwood said nor what I inferred...voting 3rd party in previous elections is not the same thing as voting third party this go-round. This year, there truly is a binary choice.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But it's still not "a vote for Trump."

If I vote for Trump, it takes one Biden vote to cancel mine and two to put him ahead.

If I vote for, say, Tulsi, it only takes one Biden vote to beat Trump (on my ballot).

12. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

depends on where you live

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted