1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final presidential poll before Election Day

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Oct 28, 2020.

?

Who will you be voting, and how?

1. Joe Biden on Election Day

16 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. Donald Trump on Election Day

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. I've already voted for Joe Biden or will be before Election Day

72 vote(s)
    74.2%
  4. I've already voted for Donald Trump or will be before Election Day

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. I'm voting for/have already voted for someone

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Who will you be voting, and how?

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Already voted for Biden.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First in line at the poll like I have been for the last 7 or 10 elections here.

Voting for the guy who's about 68% there up there which is still better than the alternative.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I filled out and and returned my ballot less than two hours after receiving it in the mail. All blue, baby.

5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Missouri, so my only option is to vote in person on election day. Which I will. For Biden.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Biden on Election Day. I love the communal experience on the actual day. I expect to wait an hour or maybe two. But early voting here probably will reduce lines. Guess I’ll find out.

Did mail-in for the primary. Didn’t like it and the fuckery of the deJoy Post Office ensured that wound not be my method for the general.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Wasn't happy with it since I don't think she's a great candidate ... but voted Jorgenson. But she's miles ahead of either of those fuckwads.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I know he has a lot of fans and it’s just great you’re one, but damn it man, a vote for Kayne is a wasted vote.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Got my absentee ballot via email, sent it back via FedEx and it both arrived and was accepted inside a week. Best $30 I've spent in quite some time.

Voting straight ticket isn't an option as the Unicameral is (at least nominally) non-partisan and most other races are up/down votes on judges and picking which flavor of Republican one prefers. Nebraska has a bunch of ballot initiatives this year, half of which involve allowing gambling at horse racing tracks. Those were all an Alien vs Predator choice for me.
    Nebraska Supreme Court places gambling initiatives on November ballot – Ballotpedia News

TigerVols likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Got my ballot in the mail on Oct. 6, wife and I put both of ours in an official drop box Oct. 11 and knew by Oct. 13 the county had received them and will count them.

Then I videoed me doing that Tik Tok juice chugging to Dreams pretending to turn in my sister's ballot for my class. So I was on hand to see four ballots get submitted. And I don't think I need to state who those votes were for (well I assume my sister and her boyfriend voted the same as me. Guess I don't really know...).

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’ve already voted for Biden in Indiana.

And for the first time in 16 years I voted for a Republican for governor. Eric Holcomb has been fine.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Walked to the county courthouse (a little more than an hour) and voted early last week
    I went the second day of early voting in Florida and hardly waited
    I then rewarded myself with a couple of craft beers at a nearby outdoor establishment

Draft saved Draft deleted