1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Final (for now) 2012 Presidential Election Poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 30, 2012.

?

Which ticket will get your vote?

1. Obama-Biden

68 vote(s)
    67.3%
  2. Romney-Ryan

17 vote(s)
    16.8%
  3. Other/write-in

10 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Not Voting

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The final one - which ticket gets your vote. Or are you not voting?

Same rules as other polls. NO DISCUSSION. Vote. Explain if you wish. One post per person. No quoting or arguing, we have a thread for that.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pro-Choice.

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

As someone in a non-swing state, I will take this opportunity to happily vote third party. The two-party system is broken beyond repair.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Fear of a Mitt Planet.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A George H.W. Bush type of Republican probably would have had my vote, but the GOP as currently constructed has gone beyond conservative politics and into immorality. And the two men at the top have never shown an ounce of concern for anyone but their rich friends.

6. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Four more years.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Obama has earned another four years to finish what he started, on several fronts, including the economy, foreign policy, and domestic social issues (gay marriage, DADT, etc., etc.). I believe that harm avoided is benefit unseen, and I believe that some of his actions in the early days of his presidency helped us out of an economic meltdown of Biblican proportions. I believe that I have steady employment today partly because of Barack Obama.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I have grounded my voting decision in something I know something about: The Olympics. Mitt Romney and his people saved the 2002 Winter Olympics - and, by extension, the Olympic movement in this country. They did it with hard work, the thoughtful application of gummint support - there is a place for that, of course - and by living in the world of real.

Then there's the attempt to bring the 2016 Olympics to Chicago. An Obamist fustercluck of the first order. No need to review the ugly details of that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_bid_for_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

I think these episodes reveal much about both men, and the people around them. Enough for me, anyway.

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Obama. For the exact same reasons Dick provided. And because I know enough about Romney from people I know who've dealt with him on a personal level from his time as governor going all the way back to his days at Cranbrook to feel he doesn't have the character I'd expect in a president. He's a devoted family man but a loathesome individual to those he views as beneath him or who he has nothing to gain from.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If it came down to cleverness of YouTube videos, Gary Johnson would get my vote. But since it doesn't...

Barack Obama is one of the rare politicians who delivered on much of what he promised. He said he would get health care reform passed, and he did, saving my family thousands. He said we'd be out of Iraq, and we are. He saved the domestic auto industry. His Justice Department has refused to enforce Defense of Marriage, and Don't Ask/Don't Tell.

He also said an economic recovery was gonna take time, but it is edging in the right direction. He has governed with forthrightness and has communicated in a grownup manner, as opposed to obstructors.

Four more years

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

My vote will go to Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala, the Green Party candidates.

This is the sixth presidential election I've been eligible to vote, and I have yet to vote for a Democrat or Republican presidential candidate. None of them have represented my views, so I vote for the candidate who comes closest, regardless of party.

This isn't student council. Don't "waste" your vote on someone because you think they will win. Vote for him or her because you think they are the best candidate.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Obama. No matter how badly liberals misunderstand economic issues, that's better than Republican's treatment of social issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.