1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't do Burger King. It's horrible enough without crapping green.

BDC99 likes this.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have never been in a Chick-fil-a where the employees weren't smiling and busting ass. My son says it's a cult. Other fast food places it's rare.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No doubt Chik-fil-a is the best fast food experience. Always very clean, and good service.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

God Hates Soggy Waffle Fries.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I kinda of like crapping green poo. Crapping is a rather mundane experience, but when the lime green poo happens, it's like "Whoa! What's this?!"

And then you wonder what chemistry experiment caused it.

Interesting.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Chick-Fil-A's are well-run in part because they are well-staffed, even if individual employees may not get more than a handful of hours. And unless something has changed recently, the most locations a franchisee can have is 3-4, meaning by necessity they're going to be hands on.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I used to hit Burger King regularly. One night about a year ago, I got a cheeseburger for the way home, and it was cold. Haven't been back since. The mere thought turns my stomach.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

They're not cheaper here. The one time I've gone since I've been here (not counting Hong Kong, where I've had the pancake breakfast twice) I got a McFlurry and I think I paid the equivalent of $2 for a tiny cup of milk-like substance. Daily is expensive here. So is beef. But the McDonalds I see are always crowded, though everything else is, too.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ronald was arrested and killed by an assassin just trying to come back to America to vote. I heard he was a friend of Moe Green.

Sorry it took me so long to pick up on that one.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Mic D's is the best dining experience if you have young kids.

Chick is great if you are not with kids and don't mind dealing with douchebag patrons who will fuck each other over in a heartbeat. White Christians! Yeah!

Taco Bell does not even have a kids menu. Seriously.

The best tasting thing I have had at fast-food in a while is the "all natural" burger at Hardees. I'm guessing Carl Jr.'s has something similar.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The CFA near my house is the only place I've ever been inspired to call corporate to compliment an employee. The people there (and one cashier in particular) went way out of their way to make sure my kids were happy. Remarkable for a fast-food joint.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Had Chick fil-A for the first time last month. Pedestrian.

Draft saved Draft deleted