1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

So you're taking the position Big Macs are healthy?

2. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

No, not at all; just a turn of phrase. All things in moderation (including Big Macs).

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Outing alert: shottie is Andre the Giant

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That looked like a lot of work. I prefer a bottle opener, and I think twistoffs are a bad sign.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

After yesterday's debacle of the Grandpa Mac, I decided it was time for a salad.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

So our area is one of the "test markets" for McDonald's mobile-phone ordering system. Most of the business stories on it are ga-ga over the possibilities, such as this one:

McDonald’s Mobile Ordering Is Coming This Year

But when newer McDonald's restaurants (like the one I pass going to work every day) are totally designed for drive-through customers, what is the benefit of mobile ordering? I can't believe its much of a time saver; it's not like it takes long to make McFood, and with a separate pay window in the drive-through line, you can quickly pay with debit or credit card after giving your order into one of the two menu boards. And from a restaurant worker standpoint, doesn't it disrupt things to have workers running food orders out to the mobile ordering parking spots? (which usually are empty when I drive past)

[Full disclosure: I swung into the McD's drive through last week and enjoyed two McDoubles and an order of fries for just over $5. I won't lie, tasted pretty good. Mc-Pick-Two, baby!]

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Introducing the McJagger.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Starbucks mobile ordering is sweet; no waiting!!

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Batman likes this.
  11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm almost ashamed to admit the mobile ordering sometimes gets me to go to Starbucks instead of otherwise better local shops.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Starbucks mobile ordering was great but it's now almost as crowded as ordering at the counter.

Draft saved Draft deleted