1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Fighter/The Green Hornet/True Grit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I think we're going to do True Grit AND The Fighter. I'll watch Green Hornet on DVD with my son.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Two for the price of one? I like where you're head's at.

:)

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Uh, I'd actually pay for both - though given what's going on in my life maybe not.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Stop it, Sonner. You wanna get Moddy thrown in the hoosegow?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You'll enjoy both. Lock.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Look for shots of my town Lexington, Mass. in "The Fighter." It's where Wahlberg and Amy Adams go on a so-called fancy date to our local movie house. Which is currently running "The Fighter" and has on the marquee "The Fighter -- Starring Us!"

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

My dad was from Concahd, er, Concord. My friends liked to call just to hear my dad yell for Bahwb to pick up the phone. I imagine a lot of The Fighter sounding like my dad talking to his high school buddies.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

You know, that wasn't how this was intended, but on second read (which, note to self, should come before clicking the post button) that's exactly how it came out.

Mrs. Novelist would not be amused if Moddy and I went out. I suspect the Queen wouldn't either. But we'd enjoy True Grit. Great movie. :D

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

If you're comfortable with Jeff Bridges mumbling incoherent Shakespearean dialogue and a toothless, lame villain in Josh Brolin, by all means...

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

If you've seen The Fighter you know that you don't have to worry about anyone ogling over Bale

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Totally comfortable.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

You couldn't be more wrong about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted