1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Female Teacher Sex Predator Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Mar 15, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=39783

If this is a DP, I apologize. This was certainly an enterprising project. I counted 138 female teacher situations listed here, with about 90 percent female on male. Some of them are hot (as we knew about Debra LaFave), others are extremely unhittable.

My personal favorites: the twin women who bagged a female student in LA, the original dynamic duo (Pam Smart and Mary Kay LaTourneau) and a bus driver.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

That poin didn't post this is an upset on the scale of NC State-Houston or Villanova-G'town.

3. Impressive list, but they're missing a couple from my state. There's been several more than the 3 or 4 they've got on there.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They didn't give Poin his byline!

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

He's busy applying to be the curator of the museum.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

DP, huh? Damn, these teachers are freaky!

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Niicccce.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If it was a DP, it would be a long-winded screed against newspaper design.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My favorite:

Mary Kay Letourneau, 34: Des Moines, Wash., teacher did prison time after having sex with a sixth-grade student, Vili Fualaau, in 1996 and eventually had two children by him. She originally had Fualaau in her second-grade class at Shorewood Elementary School in Burien, Wash. The couple has since married.

It should be an interesting conversation when their kids ask how they met.

10. "Your momma did time for me."

Awww.

11. SigR

SigR Member

Why is it that people on these boards keep such close track on female teacher sex crimes? I've been trying to figure out a reason given a new one of these threads pops up every week, and the best I've come up with is that some of the men here are happy that's it isn't just men now who are viewed as sexual predators. Or it is just titillation.

The article itself bugs me because it portrays everyone as a sexual predator. Like, the Cameo Patch entry: A substitute teacher who meets a 17 year old guy at a restaurant and has oral sex with him. Does she deserve to have her picture and name in an article along side with some of the other true sexual predators? It's the titillation factor again. Most of these crimes are not sex crimes(maybe they are by statute, but not by common sense). And I'm not saying most(any) of these people should be anywhere near kids, but, a 16 year old can consent to sex. The problem is the teacher/student dynamic and potential for abuses of that power.

And if you read further toward the bottom of the list, they have the gall to list mere allegations. It's sleazy and unethical.

12. It's because it's a phenomenon no one understands. It's also a bit of envy - especially when the teacher appears to be good looking.

As for why, I have a feeling it's because these women are getting the attention from these boys that no one else is giving them.

Draft saved Draft deleted