1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The FBI wants me ....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, May 21, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

to work with a Nigerian banker so I can get $800,000???

WTF?

I got a new (to me) spam email from the FBI Fraud Unit, with an actual address of info@fbi.gov. Now I knew it was spam from the get-go, but I wanted to see how they'd play this.

"This is to Officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have thoroughly completed an Investigated with the help of our Intelligence Monitoring Network System that you are having an illegal transaction with Impostors claiming to be..."

Wow...so I've been involved in illegal transactions? Nice of the FBI to point that out in an email. But then, they go on to tell me that they'll help me get the money I'm seeking by following their instructions, one of which is to pay $800 for an $800,000 return.

Fun stuff.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

$800 for an $800,000 return? Forget that. I can get a lot better deal than that with the CIA.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

But you have to work as a Colombian mule for a week to get that better return.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I've eaten press box hot dogs for 20 years. Being a drug mule is a cinch compared to that.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Plus, you'd get to travel and see the world. I'm coming around to your line of thinking...

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So you've eaten at Michigan Stadium, then...

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Do you get a company car for this? I only ask because IIRC you seem to need an extra set of wheels about now ...

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Me? Or my ex-wife?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Do I look crazy to you?

Draft saved Draft deleted