1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Far Side is coming back

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

For the first time since 1995, Gary Larson will publish The Far Side comics.

The Far Side Teases Its Return

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I like it a lot. Just wish Calvin and Hobbes would come back too.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Bloom County, too.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Bloom County was back for an online Sunday strip for awhile. Haven’t seen for a long time. But it was within the last couple of years l, I believe. Funny as ever.

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Bloom County is regularly back on social media now. Started on Facebook a year or two ago. On Instagram for sure

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I've been working my way through the big, three volume "Far Side" collection this past year - Really fun stuff, and most of the strips still hold up because the content usually isn't tied to pop culture. Glad to see he's back in the game, although it does mean I'll have to buy some more volumes.

Hermes and garrow like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOVED the Far Side back in the day.

My two favorites:
    ---Cops stand over a murdered butler at an International Butler Conference and one the cops says "I hate to start a Monday with a case like this."

--A sloth guns down a Wild West cowboy in a street duel. An onlooker says "You know ol' Hank was never much of a quickdraw."

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Two of my faves ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

When I was back home few months ago I dug through some boxes and one of them had pretty much every Far Side collection. the 10th anniversary one is incredible because it's got his stories behind everything. He explains the furor over Cow Tools in details, runs old hate mail, talks about people being disgusted or the love he gets from scientists and just gives great background to his whole career. If you've never read it, worth a purchase.

sgreenwell and Batman like this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Cat fud

Baron Scicluna and Vombatus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted