1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Fallout Shelter presents the 2008 SJ.com Masters Pick 'Em (scores final!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 7, 2008.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Re: The Fallout Shelter presents the 2008 SportsJournalists.com Masters Pick 'Em

Sirs, Madames,

May the ball land where Stephen Ames.

YD&OHS, etc

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Re: The Fallout Shelter presents the 2008 SportsJournalists.com Masters Pick 'Em

We're not playing against anyone else. We're just taking it one hole at a time and trying to beat the golf course. 8)

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This is a very difficult golf course. It's very easy to get into trouble out there, especially in these (insert weather) conditions. You have to hit the ball in the right spots, keep the ball below the hole and make some putts.

If you do that, you can score. Not like you could in the old days, when there was no rough and you could fire at pins, but there are some birdies out there...

Who needs ASAP? ;D

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Fixed. Golfers' rule: You can't use the words course or shot(s) unless you use "golf" as an adjective to modify said word. ;D

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Angola!'s Army
    Zach Johnson 70 (-2) 76 (+4)
    Vijay Singh 72 (E) 71 (-1)
    Jerry Kelly 72 (E) 77 (+5)
    Ernie Els 74 (+2) 74 (+2)
    Brandt Snedeker 69 (-3) 68 (-4)
    Trevor Immelman 68 (-4) 68 (-4)

TOTAL 279 (-9) 281 (-7) -- 560 (-16)

Tiger-Breaker: 74-73-68-69--284 -4

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Now Snedeker is in the house at 4 under for the day and 7 under overall. Angola!'s arm is going to fall off from all the self-inflicted back-patting. ;D

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Knockin' It Stiff -- Day 2

O'Meara 78 (+5)
    Weir -2 (Thru 13)
    Oberholser -1 (Thru 17)
    Rose +2 (Thru 12)
    Scott 71 (+2)
    Leonard 74 (+2)

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I believe that my team is down to the legal minimum, with Mickelson (-4), Ogilvy (-1), O'Hair (-1), and Westwood (+1) giving me a 283 for the day, and a 9-under total for the two days.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Group I: Jim Furyk 70-73-143 (-1)
    Group II: Vijay Singh 72-71-143 (-1)
    Group III: Bubba Watson 74-71-145 (+1)
    Group IV: Sergio Garcia 76-72-148 (+4)
    Group V: Adam Scott 75-71-146 (+2)
    Group VI: Miguel Angel Jimenez 77-70-147 (+3)

291 first day. 283 second day. -2 overall. Sigh. Did I lose one or two there?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If the cut fell where they said it would, you lost Sergio.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Still working the scorecards, but if you have three or more at 148 or worse, you can plan on caddying for the rest of us.

12. Re: The Fallout Shelter presents the 2008 SportsJournalists.com Masters Pick 'Em

Guess I'm caddying.

Draft saved Draft deleted