1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Faces of Global Terror

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He spit get your tax rebate yet- you know the one you did not think you qualified for.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

sigh...

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2006/77311.htm

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I didn't know Boom was fluent in Albanian

5. Boom_70

suggest that you take a ride up to Westchester County airport - EVERY traveler see this poster staring at them as they pass security - You can't miss it.

6. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I thought Jason Giambi played for the Yankees. Hmph.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

This blogger's opinion from Dec., 2006, sums it up pretty well:

So I was standing in a security line at Reagan National Airport couple weeks ago when I saw a poster titled, “The Faces of Global Terrorism.” (PDF copy - also see the State Department press release) All 26 appeared to be light- to medium-brown skinned, young, Middle Eastern men of Arab descent ... every last one. No women. No whites. No blacks. No Asians.

I couldn’t help but spot the almost painful irony of standing in a long security line - where I was required to take off my shoes and stand on a dirty airport floor and empty my laptop bag and watch comically serious TSA agents confiscate lotion in 8-ounce containers instead of the requisite 3 ounces and eye little old white ladies as they walked through metal detectors - of mostly white passengers, women, and a few blacks and Asians. I don’t recall seeing one person in line who looked or dressed like any of the men on the poster.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I figured they'd make a poster of all the No. 3 Al-Qaeda guys out there. Apparently they're hanging off the date palms out there.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Folks, Boom is simply needing some attention and some "him" time. That's why he started this thread. Just roll your eyes and hum a little tune.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Boom starts another thread...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Boom_70

I really don't see what point he is making- is he saying that airline security measures are mistargeted?

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

that looks like the org chart from the 7-11 down the street.

Draft saved Draft deleted