1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Facebook lawsuits

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Dec 9, 2020.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I didn't see a thread here and I don't think it's political. You can't get 48 attorneys general to agree on when election day will be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/12/09/facebook-antitrust-lawsuit/

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Seems to me Facebook should just point to Parler and say, “what’s stopping someone from building a better photo-sharing app akin to how Parler came out of no where to compete with Twitter?”

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Fair point in general but I’m going to wait to see that one play out a little more. 99.9% of those who I know who swore they’d quit Facebook “tomorrow” for another option didn’t, and the one guy who did — bless his heart— is still on Twitter today trying to pass a theory that Melania Trump is a direct descendent of Czar Nicholas II and in turn Anastasia.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

next time I get on one of these things I'd like its creator to be someone who has actual friends.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Antitrust law makes it far easier to prevent a merger or an acquisition than to undo one. The last super breakups (AT&T, DuPont and GM) were like 60 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted