1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exclamation marks forced me to post this

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sirvaliantbrown, Aug 30, 2008.

1. http://www.wellsvilledaily.com/sports/x1577093828

Aside from limited action in two preseason games, Posluszny will be playing his first NFL game in almost a year on Sept. 7 when the Seattle Seahawks visit Orchard Park to open the season, but so far, he has not missed a beat. The linebacker has recorded seven total tackles in the two exhibition games (UPDATE WITH STATS FROM INDIANAPOLIS GAME!!!!!!!!).

2. awriter

awriter Active Member

Was it really necessary to post that? C'mon.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

My guess is someone put that in there as a reminder for someone and it was never edited out.

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

So he forgot to go back and add in the numbers from Indy, the third preseason game.

Yeah, that's the first time something like that's ever made it to print, I bet. And now, I'm making a mental note not to leave myself notes in my copy, lest the same thing happen to me ...

5. Yo. It is funny because of the CAPITAL LETTERS and the !!!!!!!!!!. Which say, "MAKE SURE - MAKE SURE!!! - TO DO THIS. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT." If it were "note: add stats from indy game," or something, I would not have laughed.

6. (No making me feel like a bad human being for laughing at accidentally printed capital letters and exclamation marks. Not allowed at all.)

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I got as far as "Chomping at the bit"

The proper phrase is "Champing at the bit"

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeaaaah, that one jumped out just a bit, didn't it?

chomping at the bit ... jesus.

9. awriter

awriter Active Member

Oh, that's right. That was hilarious. Never mind my previous post.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Looks like they weren't thinking about the web ... I bet the writer or desker added the info once it was flowed for layout but either 1) forgot to fix it in the system or 2) forgot that what's in the system goes on the website verbatim. That's how our copyflow system works. Any notes or TKTKTKT or holes or whatever will go live on the site.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted