1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Definitely would. At least worth a try.

2. redsox8

redsox8 New Member

My view is not unjaded, but I think Whitlock is one of many onetime significant print journalists who have been drawn to electronic media, in part, because print is collapsing and has been for quite a long time. What invariably follows is being caught up in a feeding frenzy where they all end up trying to be more outrageous and controversial than everyone else. There are exceptions, I suppose, but I think trying to do what TV wants leads a journalist down a primrose path in many instances.

Liut, Neutral Corner and TigerVols like this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Whitlock will serve as founder and editor-in-chief of the vertical that will live on TheBlaze.com. The writing platform is still in development.

I'll bet it is.

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Can he even write anymore?

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Once defeated, twice shy.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

questions just asking

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

We know the effects of morbid obesity but Jason doesn't seem to think much of that, either.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hard to believe what he has become. He used to be an interesting thinker with a good sense of humor.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Grifters gonna grift.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

“Think for me and I’ll send you some cheap crap.”

Tighthead and Alma like this.
  12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

The latest from Jason:

I quoted it all because it’s all astonishing that it came from the fingers of a once-respected journalist but I had to laugh at the bolded line.

Holy shit, I can’t think of a surer sign you’ve made some massive mistakes than having to clarify your stance on interracial marriage.

No link because fuck that.

Tighthead likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted