1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Cmon. Journalism used to be about supporting all viewpoints. Now many people want Whitlock, Ngo, Candace Owens, Tucker Carlson silenced. There are more. This is not good for the United States of America. Journalism truly is dead in terms of fair coverage.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Those clowns were never about journalism.

Jesus_Muscatel, SFIND and matt_garth like this.
  3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Again, I will say that Fredrick: Pathetic Office Gimp was more fun than Fredrick: Racist Whiner.

4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Not one person on that list is a journalist.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

None of those people are journalists.

bumpy mcgee likes this.
  6. Fredrick

What if I would have said Lemon, Cuomo, Hannity, the late Mr. Limbaugh, Washington Post, NY Times, NY Post, Geraldo, Acosta, Joy Behar, that CNN producer caught on tape explaining they truly do have agendas that have nothing to do with fair reporting, Ben Shapiro, Sonny Hostin, Rogan, Whoopi. Cmon, this has nothing to do with what side you think is the best side politically. All sides must be represented and be allowed to speak/write or journalism is dead and we are no better than China in terms of one-sided media. The media has always been a bit slanted in coverage, maybe. But the last four years ... in choosing what to cover and what not to cover; in leaving out details (60 Minutes) of stories (NBC on the Columbus tragic shooting) it's been ridiculous. I'm no longer proud of this profession. Cmon folks, ALL people including Whitlock MUST be heard and should be heard. If you want certain people silenced are you really a journalist? Please answer.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  7. Fredrick

Supporting Whitlock makes Fredrick racist?

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Jason Whitlock's entire career has been built on shitting on Black people, Fredrick. Candace Owens owes what little success she has to right wingers embracing her hatred of Black people. Tucker Carlson's doesn't even fall back on dog whistles anymore -- he's moved on to flat out "fighting for the white race" rhetoric.

The people you praise here consistently have one common thread in their worldview: they HATE Black people. What is it that draws Fredrick to these people, Fredrick?

And not for nothing -- Twitter has been restricting people for two things: (a) deliberate lies meant to spread unquestioned political falsehood, and (b) outright calls for violence. Why can't Fredrick's heroes post on social media without provable lies or plotting riots and murders, Fredrick? Why is Fredrick so supportive of dishonest, wildly racist people?

Again, Fredrick was kind of cute when Fredrick was just whining about how hard it was working in a newsroom when you have no self-respect. "Hitler was misunderstood" Fredrick is a loathsome little toad. Fredrick should return to the weepy 70-hour week loser character.

SFIND, 2muchcoffeeman and Mngwa like this.
  9. Fredrick

Did you even read all the people Fredrick mentioned in the last post?? I want all those voices to be heard in a free society not just conservative voices. BTW I do not believe Whitlock and Owens and also Carlson hate Black people. How dare you make such a claim. It's YOUR OPINION which is fine, but nothing else but an opinion. Please realize all voices deserve to be heard/written in a free journalistic society. You don't believe me on that?

10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Here's the thing, one of the very few positive things to emerge from the past four years:

A portion of the population felt emboldened by the leader of the free world to espouse views that deservedly used to hide in the darkness. Now everyone knows who these people are and what they believe. They're exposed. And there's no going back.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Since when did being heard on Twitter come to equal your only chance to be heard? Dog whistle.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Fredrick and the Angry Itch is my least favorite Fredrick.

Draft saved Draft deleted