1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ex who won't go away (and won't/can't let go)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

You redneck sonuvabitch. That shirt was burgundy, or perhaps eggplant, but it sure as shit wasn't purple.

The flowers were white, however, so I'll give you that.

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Don't listen to Rosie, she's channeling your mom :)

Bone it like you own it.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Spaceman, don't make me ground you! ;)

4. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Tell her you have a future with JRC

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Who wears an eggplant shirt? Where the fuck do you shop, Jonesy? :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Although I believe in the spoiled-milk theory, I have ignored it on more than once occassion.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

[​IMG]

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I laughed out loud at that

9. joe

joe Active Member

Hey, you're SportsJournalists.com royalty. I thought the purple shirt was appropriate.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Yeah. She'll turn the most trivial question into a full-fleged, throw-down of a debate, complete with whining, wailing, anything to get her way, even though she knows she wasn't hurt in the least by the trivial question to begin with. Five minutes after the melee starts, it'll be forgotten forever. Miraculous recovery, or a great sell? You be the judge.

Then you'll only be allowed to score once every 10 days or so. It's fun when it happens, because there's much celebration. You want more, of course, but she'll claim that you just don't get the 'beauty' of the relationship. The art is in the set up, not the act itself.

Yup... a soccer-loving significant other sounds like a great time. Where can I sign up?

11. Xsportschick

Xsportschick Member

Ding!

And what Rosie said. All of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted