1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ex who won't go away (and won't/can't let go)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jul 13, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Some people like that, it's not our business.

I hope you at least own the tux by now.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How did they get in? And did they wear tuxes?

3. joe

joe Active Member

No, I think they wore an ass-ugly purple shirt with white flowers on it.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

;D

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I would give advice but it probably wouldn't be any good. Besides, I'm "young" and married, thus negating the whole dual relationship vibe that can occur. As such, I can only say that you should pick the one that enjoys soccer. She would be the smarter of the two.

In any case, good luck finding happiness.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Uh, no. ::)

If I ever get married again, it won't be to a soccer fan, I can say that much.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

you've answered your own question. you say all you want now is fun, not a long-term thing. the ex was fun. that's what you want.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Christ!

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

When the milk is spoiled, putting it back in the refrigerator won't make it right again.

10. Gold

Gold Active Member

as far as Ms. Dynamo, that hand has been played out.

Maybe see what happens with Ms. Steady, but don't make that an exclusive situation at this point. Like Rosie says, take some time. figure out what you want.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

you get that one from a fortune cookie? 8) 8) 8) ??? ??? ???

for all this "dear abby" advice, i know several happily married folks who got back together after breakups during their courtship. :eek: :eek: :eek:

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

This very much mirrors my situation post-divorce, and the explosive one and I have been on and off again a number of times, now just friends, but sometimes more ... she's great, but I'll warn ya, if you keep being yes-and-no with somebody like that, it severely hampers your ability to move on -- and that goes double if you still inhabit the same bars, restaurants, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted