1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ex who won't go away (and won't/can't let go)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Are you happy with Ms. Steady?

Do you have fun with her?

Do you share many of the same beliefs and ideas? (Not completely the same, that's no good either.)

Then forget Ms. Dynamo. She had her chance, she blew it, time to move on.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

If her ass is green, I wouldn't fuck with it.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You never know. Just sayin.

AA, of course don't cheat on anyone. I'm just leery of relationships that lack that certain 'pop' in the beginning...but it sounds like you're comfortable where you are, which isn't bad.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Rosie, you gave very solid advice. And there's nothing wrong with an "old married woman." My first ex was older than me and I really wish it hadn't ended in divorce. She was steady and solid, somewhat steamy and a real fabulous broad (a very positive term in her case). She was a Jersey girl extraordinaire who loved sports as much as I did.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I try. :D

And in Mr. Rosie's case, I'm a younger married woman! ;D

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yes Ms. Steady and I have fun, we get along and we're filling a need in each other's life that we both enjoy ... companionship, playing with each other's kids, wholesome day trips, etc.

I just gave an analogy to my co-worker and it made he guffaw (seriously). Ms. Dynamo is like a big, roaring flame and Ms. Steady is like a smoldering campfire.

I guess I just needed a little validation that I'm doing the right thing right now.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'd work on your analogies.

And the ass-to-mouth deal.

8. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

Big roaring flames lead to big disasters.
    A lot of times people who are exciting and dangerous and spontaneous have trouble settling down. They're fun to hang out with for a while, but at some point it becomes like a job to deal with them, and you want to reign them in.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Okay. Go with smoldering, every time.  My test is, what happens after sex? Can you lay in bed all day and just smolder together, or does the interest drop off when it's not 'hot'?

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

I'd like to throw a bucket of cold water on this whole fire analogy. It's making me a little ill-tempered.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It really burns you, huh?

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I think the ass-to-mouth deal was someone else's invention/suggestion. Not really a criteria for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted