1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ex dilemma

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fake_handle, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I like your moxie today, Moddie!

2. pallister

pallister Guest

That's cold, man.

3. Songbird

Just throwing out some possibilities.

We need to help our fake-handle friend through this harrowing time.

Another question, fake-handle: She wasn't your neighbor at first, was she?

4. Fake_handle

Fake_handle New Member

Ouch.

Like I said, I know it sounds odd - that's why I didn't get into the specifics of it in the initial post.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Women aren't generally gonna wait around for decades waiting on a man to make up his mind, xan. If it's not going where we want it to, the relationship will end.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Laughter is the best medicine.

When my son went through a rough breakup in college, I told him I'd give him 24 hours to mope, whine, cry, feel sorry for himself, whatever. Then I was going to kick his ass every time I thought he was even thinking about it.
    Sack up, move on, do not be friends.

Actually took him about 48-72 hours but I cut him some slack. He's been fine ever since. She's married now but keeps calling him, wants to be friends. To his credit, he's told her no. With increasingly less politeness.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Oh, I know that.

But she isn't on Facebook (thank God) and my profile is set on private on MySpace so she can't see any of my information.

8. Songbird

But she figured it out. He was going to ask her (supposedly; he might be making that part up). Anyhoo, all of a sudden she goes from expecting marriage to zip? Nada? See ya later? That's a girl who wasn't going to stick around in the first place.

9. sportschick

He took too long. Personally, I'd have assumed the proposal was just an attempt to keep me around cause he didn't want to be alone, and he had no intention of actually getting married.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Or the ex is just fucked up in the head.

That's a HUGE fucking reason Megan and I broke up. Marriage was being forced on me whenever I was around her family and friends, and I was getting sick of it.

IJAG really kicked my ass whenever I brought up marriage with the last two exes. Without her, and others, doing that, I'd probably be setting up a wedding in the near future.

11. Songbird

What is the timeline here, fake-handle? How long did you live with the woman who never liked you in the first place and used use for half the rent? I can't dispute sportschick's comment till I know how long the sham relationship lasted before it ended.

12. sportschick

Xan, it was in his first post.

Draft saved Draft deleted