1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ethics of Outing Someone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 22, 2010.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I watched that episode. It was pretty funny.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A talk show I listened to last night on the way home mentioned this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/20/lindsey-graham-gay-conser_n_544554.html

Ironically, the same host mentioned David Dreier as gay, who I believe has never come out.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For some reason I get those ALIPAC emails. Those people are hateful.

Irrational fear/hatred about gays and immigrants are my two big bugaboos, and they've got them both in spades. Congrats.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

This married couple is still married but it is pretty much for show. She is an A list singer who drags her husband out of the house for shopping and things. The only reason she is keeping him around is because she has a new album coming out and doesn't want to talk about marriage. She doesn't wear her wedding ring even when they are out together. She makes him sleep in the guest house or at his friends. Meanwhile she has "friends" who come stay with her.
    [​IMG]

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2010/05/todays-blind-items.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Marilyn and Joe D?

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Anyone read Gary Smith's article on the gay rugby player Gareth Thomas? Excellent work ... Hopefully a guy like him, who was surprised no American athletes had come out while they're playing (he couldn't believe American wasn't as tolerant as its image), can spur an American male athlete in a major sport to come out while still playing (and preferably before he hits his decline).

It really is about time. I hope someone soon finds the courage to do it.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It would surprise me to think that a Euro would think Americans are tolerant. They generally aren't. You can't write a high school sports story without ticking people off.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Jay Z?

Draft saved Draft deleted