1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ESPN 100

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tapintoamerica, Dec 23, 2007.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which surprises me more: the near omission of the Sean Taylor story (mentioned as a parenthetical element to item No. 60) or the total lack of references to Appalachian State's win over Michigan. (Item No. 32 refers to the upsets in college football but doesn't specifically discuss the Mountaineers' victory in the Big House.)

Then there's the reference to the 59-year-old college FB player as the "oldest player in D-I history." His school, Sul Ross State, is Division III.

Does anybody else share my confusion over these news judgments?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I read most of that issue while getting my hair cut Friday. The list was OK, and there were some laughs--the recounting of Willie Randolph's blusterous bullshit as the Mets choked was priceless--but a.) it's not the end of the goddamn year yet and b.) that idea just seems played out.

I will say I really liked how they interspersed features thruout (on Terry Francona and Brett Favre/Greg Jennings) and I thought the day-by-day was an interesting idea. That said...again, it's not the end of the year.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I also thought the list was bizarre.

Draft saved Draft deleted