1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end of WarGames

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, they showed us "Fail-Safe" in a school assembly the same year as when "The Day After" aired. No wonder poor Holly was so concerned about dying a virgin.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Let's do it for our country.

[​IMG]

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I loved that the dad from "A Christmas Story" was the Secretary of the Interior who was President because the regular president, Martin Landau, couldn't be found in the aftermath of a strike on D.C. Inevitably, the Secretary of the Interior wants to nuke the Russians to oblivian, while Landau doesn't have the right codes to assume authority.

Great supporting cast with James Earl Jones as a general, with Powers Boothe and Rebecca De Mornay as the pilot and co-pilot of a nuclear bomber.

The full movies is up on Google Video.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://video.google.com/videoplay%3Fdocid%3D-7184168563320557608&sa=U&ei=LPjRT6KtEe216AGWsZWXAw&ved=0CCMQtwIwAg&sig2=s1petC5HtUxTP-X4sClR2A&usg=AFQjCNGD2IGhzcjsLDJoOuUWheo3k0FRrA

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Stitch: I do! In fact, I have the whole thing on DVD. Favorite scene -- when the trot Kristoferson out in handcuffs to supposedly make a pro-USSR speech and all he does is stand there, defiantly staring out into the crowd, which then breaks into the Star-Spangled Banner.

The late Robert Urich was in this and the actress who played his wife was hot.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I downloaded it a few years ago, but it's also on YouTube.

As for being afraid of nuclear war, I thought it would happen sometime in the '80s. I also played a lot of Risk and Axis & Allies as well, so a bit of a wargaming nerd.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Wow, so many all-nighters playing double-board Risk.

Draft saved Draft deleted