1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end of rowdy sports blogs?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 23, 2008.

1. http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-blogs22-2008jun22,0,2110951,full.story

The money quote:
    Two years ago, I would have run with it," said Jason McIntyre, owner and operator of the Big Lead. "But as the blogs get bigger, you have to be careful about what you say . . . you can't go with the first rumor you hear."

Fozzie pics anyone?

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

This is what is referred to as the market correcting itself.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, I guess we don't have to worry about him anymore.
    Our little baby's all grows up.

4. Deadspin takes TBL to task

http://deadspin.com/5018771/the-screaming-man-shouldnt-make-you-change-the-way-you-think-about-yourself

5. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

Leitch is a fucking tool. The guy has sold out way more than McIntyre has.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To be fair, selling out has been McIntyre's only accomplishment.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How so?

By writing a book? By leaving BLOGS! for a magazine? By not posting the absurd rumors that TBL runs with?

8. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

shit, if the money was right, i'd sell out too.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Hope this trend holds true for all blogs. After all, doesn't someone begin to outgrow the term "Balls Deep" when they get 2-3 years out of college?

10. Nope.

11. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

A response from KSK.

Here's the close:

But, while we’re on the subject of a hypothetical battle royale, you’ll pardon me if I yawn while I contemplate his pointed barbs. Here’s McIntyre’s sharp-tongued response to a commenter who questioned his typically twisted syntax yesterday:

Didn’t know EB Shrunk read the site. Good to know

You know, it would be funny if it were an act. After one of McIntyre’s readers sends him this link — Lord knows he doesn’t read any blog posts that aren’t served to him over email — perhaps he can purchase his very own copy of the essential guide for anyone who cares about written communication, co-authored by the foremost American belletrist of the 20th century, E.B. White, and one of his professors, William Strunk. Strunk. With a T. You fucking clod.

Until that happens, McIntyre, keep my name out your mouth, unless it’s to say, “Thank you, Matt Ufford, for having the decency to not reveal my identity while I was collecting paychecks and wasting oxygen at US Weekly.”

Leave me to my nice little bubble of cheap jokes and frivolity, and get back to doing what you do best: counting your page views and sucking media cock.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

all i gotta say about that is "wokka wokka wokka"

Draft saved Draft deleted