1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end of Point Break

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Mar 23, 2009.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

It's gotta be that way!!!!!!

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Utah!!! Give me two!!!

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I'm so hungry I could eat the ass end out of a dead rhino.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Concur with just about everything said. But I interpreted it (maybe erroneously) as Utah having adopted the surfer vibe. The allure of the waves was too much. He felt it and let Bodie go.
    First time I saw the movie, I was totally engrossed in it. And when Utah jumped out of the plane without a parachute, I freaked.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

You think there was some dude somewhere who saw Utah do that and thought he could pull it off?

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I get your point, but it's a better ending than just arresting him and zooming out from a shot of a police car to a cityscape.

7. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

What SoCal and jlee said,

I always thought Utah developed a certain amount of surfer vibe when Bodhi taught him the ropes. And to just slap the cuffs on him at the end of the movie would have been a dull ending to an action-filled movie

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Didn't hit me until last night watching this again that Rosie is the same dude that played the journalist in Generation Kill.

SHAVE THAT MOOSE-STASH!!

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Rick Neuheisel was the guy that taught Keanu how to be a QB.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I noticed Neuheisel in the credits then ran into him a few days later. He was a technical advisor for the movie. I asked him about it. He said he really didn't do anything, just hung around and watched them play football.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Kind of like when he coached UW.

12. Point Break is still one of my favorite movies of all time. You couldn't watch that movie for the first time and predict what was going to happen next. I loved that. Better yet, I can't remember another movie that came up with so many unpredictable situations where you didn't have to completely suspend belief when they were resolved.

The ending never really bothered me so much because it was obvious Utah liked Bhodi and maybe even envied his lifestyle to a point.

As jlee said, Bhodi being taken away in a squad car would have been anti-climatic. And a shootout would have gone against his character.

Draft saved Draft deleted