1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The End of Play by Play on Radio?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by LanceyHoward, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

True dat, but one minor correction. It's "Murray State," and as an alleged '78 WKU graduate, I just a few months ago learned that Murray, Kentucky, IS FREAKIN' DRY.

Liut likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If he did, I missed it. There were several guys who got the briefest of name checks. There was an extended segment with Mick Hubert however.

Jack Cristal’s daughters stole the show.

Jesus_Muscatel, Liut and maumann like this.
  3. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

One of the great joys as a kid was trying to find baseball on as many radio stations as I could. From western Pa., I got Cleveland, Detroit, Cinci, St. Louis, Baltimore, Philly and — a real treat — the Expos in French. Always expected to get New York, but never did.

Jesus_Muscatel, Liut, maumann and 2 others like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I still think it’s magical when I’m driving around and remember that I can punch up the Nats or the Phillies or the Yankees and some others without needing to bust out the app.

Liut, playthrough and maumann like this.
  5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Agreed. Saw it this past Sunday. Enjoyed it.

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

At the time I was running the OVC circuit, headed toward Martin, Tenn. from Murray a sign at the state line said "First Chance Liquor." Sure enough, there stood the store. Headed back from Martin toward Murray, a sign indicated "Last Chance Liquor."

Jesus_Muscatel and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted