1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end of Mark Madden? UPDATED: He's FIRED!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, May 22, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh yeah -- I got my ass kicked.

You.are.a.fool.

Period.

And let me give you a clue since you have none...

Discussions move forward. They evolve. They continue to progress.

You are such a lunkhead you can't quite follow that so all you do is stalk people all day long and try to pick fights.

I did NOT bring up Michael Savage and other talk show hosts defense of what they say -- I RESPONDED to it.

So get your facts straight before you shoot your mouth off.

But the only time you open your mouth is to switch feet.

But keep telling yourself that somehow you comprehend and understand on higher than a third-grade level, sooner or later you might actually start to believe it.

And listen up fool for the last time -- my argument was NEVER that he didn't deserve to get fired -- it was that these kinds of firings are not a good thing, not a good thing at all because it shows more and more corporate control as well as government control (as long as there is an FCC, yeah it is a factor) of our airwaves.

I kicked your ass on how much Madden makes, the fact that his ratings are better than any other sports talk show and that regardless of how much you dislike him he had a very loyal and core audience.

AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN FOR THE DEAF AND THE DUMB -- NOBODY, AT LEAST NOT ME, HAS EVER SAID THAT WHAT MADDEN SAID WASN'T OFFENSIVE, STUPID OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT. NOT ONE TIME.

So go somewhere else with your idiotic attempts to start shit on subjects you clearly have no clue about.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You don't think he wore that red shirt in a sea of white to get attention?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Typical Zag. More failed attempts at sleight of hand and more insults. You really should work on that temper.

I never got into the debate about Madden's salary or his ratings. I also never posted anything about Savage. Perhaps you are the one who should work on getting his facts straight.

Discussions do evolve, but that doesn't mean that a post on the original topic is out of line. You just don't like it because it points to the failings in your argument.

You have tried every angle imaginable to defend Madden. We all see it no matter how much you deny it.

And your point about "this type of firing" is bullshit. But since you can't seem to keep up, I will try to explain it to you one more time. Madden was told by his employers not to do this type of thing any more. It was a condition of his employment. He chose to ignore that and say something that even you agree was offensive. Therefore, he lost his job. A scumbag who makes all members of the media look bad by association was held accountable for his actions. That is a good thing. You just can't admit it because you would rather argue.

And save the stalking crap. I've been posting on this thread from the beginning. I'm a Pittsburgh guy and I have always been disgusted by Madden's act. I don't care who else is on the thread.

4. outofplace

You were right before, Inky. Logic apparently has no place here.

5. zagoshe

Which is why it is the perfect place for someone as clueless as you to hang out.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I think that he wore the red shirt to better mask the ketchup stains

7. zagoshe

Dude is a bit sloppy

8. outofplace

So?

(inside joke)

9. zagoshe

Hurry along, your ride home is leaving you.....

[​IMG]

10. outofplace

So?

Draft saved Draft deleted