1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end of journalism as we know it . . .

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by RedSmithClone, Dec 4, 2010.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Following one cut after another cut in the newsroom, The Telegraph of Nashua, NH has decided to do a pay site for insider politics in NH.

This is how they introduced their readers to it: http://p.castfire.com/UB7sg/video/469517/dhnews_2010-12-01-140217.1275.m4v

At least for the random guy out there, the blonde is worth watching.

It's the end of the world as we know it . . . it is the end of the world as we know it . . . and I don't feel fine.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It is unconscionable for you to post that without including a link where I can sign up for this.

3. CRR13

CRR13 Member

Is it annoying and unnecessary? Yes. Is it the end of the world? Not so much.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Go to the Telegraph website ... or google The Lobby. Either one should work I would think.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

http://www.thelobbynh.com/

Regarding the video: There's not taking yourself seriously, and there's making a mockery of your product. J.F.C.

6. Cullen9

Cullen9 Member

Really?

Now I'm embarrassed to be a member of the media in New Hampshire.Thankfully, I don't work in Nashua...

7. CRR13

CRR13 Member

I'll follow the guy's advice by not subscribing. At least there was something of use in that video.

8. That video made me uncomfortable.

Draft saved Draft deleted