1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end is near: my 6-year-old niece owns a cell phone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Sep 28, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I hate posts like these. Ugh.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I assume that's a private school.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Does he have a big brother Bob?

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The public school my mom teaches at does this. The parents know and signed a form saying their kids' phones would not be on during school hours.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Somewhere I read that they have cellphones out now that include a GPS tracking device, so you can know where the phone (and presumably your child) is at any time.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Now that was quality, Dools.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That'll last 10 seconds once the lawyers get ahold of it.

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I know I am in a very small majority, but I hate cell phones. They are expensive, the technology is still shoddy with dropped calls or limited reception for unknown reasons even in large cities and most people can't seem to live without them. How did we survive even 10 years ago without the things? Now 6-year-olds or younger, who can barely form sentences anyway, are getting them. Cool stuff.

I know cell phones have some advantages in certain work situations and emergencies, and that's good. Other than that cell phone companies have conned the world.

The best thing they've done is make land lines virtually free. And I can talk as long as I want on those.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

This just in ... T-Mobile is replacing CZT with Strawberry Shortcake, and they're in negotiations with Dora the Explorer.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

GET OFF THE DAMN LAWN

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

To text message if they are abducted....

To call from if a guy has entered school and started raping girls....

That's a couple I can think of.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm ten times richer than my big brother bob, and he's got a haircut he's got a real job.

Draft saved Draft deleted