1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end for Mike & the Mad Dog?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jun 22, 2008.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

There is no sports story -- or any story -- so compelling that it would cause me to say, "I have two choices" to follow said story and listening to sports talk radio would be one of them.

Find a computer and read about it. There's thousands of options. Maybe turn on ESPN News or FSN.

Listening to that dreck? No way, and not for any reason.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I hope those assholes realize they caught lightning in a bottle with their WFAN act, and that their potential outside of that show is extremely limited.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Russo basically said as much today in his opening, denying the whole thing. He admitted that they were at each other's throats for about 2 months, but that Chernoff called them both into his office in early may & made them work it out.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I watched Russo's opening. He looked like he was about to throw up. Interesting that he didn't say that he talked to Mike after he learned of the story.

It seems to me pretty clear that Mike either leaked this as a contract ploy or just as an FU to the powers that be.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Russo, as a solo?

Goodbye, New Caanan.

Goodbye, family.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Um, yeah, lightning in a bottle for 18 years.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The phrase doesn't have anything to do with longevity, it means they've found one particular niche that works well, and it's doubtful leaving that would bring them the same kind of success.

Draft saved Draft deleted