1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end for Mike & the Mad Dog?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jun 22, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

I can't stand Mad Dog, but Francesa is a little more tolerable. He was a studio analyst for CBS for a number of years, so at least he has a little more credibility. Plus his tone, at least when he's not arguing with Mad Dog, is easier on the ears than Mad Dog.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Francesa is a condescending, know-it-all prick who isn't one-tenth as smart as he thinks he is.
    The other guy is just a moron.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Russo is the very definition of a douchebag.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Haters.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I've got an idea for a new show: Mike Francesa...and Brandon Inge.

http://www.youtube.com/v/6bZAuH7pSgc&hl=en

7. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Do you listen to "The Big Show" on WEEI? What do you think of that compared to Mike and the Mad Dog?

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the show when I had DirecTV.

However, the bashing has begun and will continue. After all, that's what we do best. Carry on.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

a-effin'-men

i used to think doggie was harmless and somewhat entertaining. he's worn thin after a tremendously successful career.

the fat effin' effer? it's all bad. what an arrogant, condascending prick.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's right, Sonner. So shut your mouth. :D

I never minded Russo...he's batshit crazy, sure, but he always struck me as someone who would be a decent guy outside the studio. Francesa is a condescending, ass-kissing prick with no discernible talent outside of an ability to read the newspaper (and criticize the news-gatherers, of course).

Ralph Branca delivered the greatest slam ever of Francesa after the lardass was yelling for Bobby V to get fired right before the Mets pulled off their great comeback to make the playoffs in '99. Of course, I can't seem to find it online, but it was something about how Bobby shouldn't listen to fatsos who once kept score at St. John's.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You know what? I've made it 32 years of my life never having heard these people.

I'm pretty sure all of you could make it the rest of your lives without hearing them. If you just would try instead of doing all this hate-spewing.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't listen to them, IJAG. But I just loathe Francesa and think the airwaves would be a better place without him.

Draft saved Draft deleted