1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Emails I Get ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doctorquant, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Let's not get onto a tangent here.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Indeed ... I prefer to operate on a higher plane ...

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Because it's clearly what all the ladies wanted, I had a stable of math-based pickup lines in college. Forgotten most of them. One of them was the very classy "what do you say we go back to my place so I can get tangent to your curves."

Fly likes this.
  4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have a close friend who is a community college history instructor.
    He had assigned Sinclair Lewis' 'The Jungle' on his reading list, and a student claimed she could not read it because it was causing her to have nightmares and experience stress.

Lugnuts likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I missed an exam once, and told the professor my absence was due to a sperm-retention headache.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Coupla years ago the internet exploded with rage over some risque Halloween costumes for women. One of these was a very fetching doctoral gown, with hood, mortarboard, etc. Many of the comments were priceless, but my favorite was ... "Care to join us in a little three-way ... ANOVA?"

amraeder likes this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If she worked at a meat-packing plant -- or a newspaper -- that's probably legit.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is what I was thinking, but I didn't post it. ... The descriptions of immigrant life and the struggling to survive and the conditions in the slaughterhouses could conceivably cause someone to have nightmares.

Ace likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sounds like a nightmare I have every so often. Even now, 20 years after graduating, I'll still have the dream where I haven't been to class all semester for one reason or another, and then I have to take the final exam.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You guys really work those parties hard. :cool:

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And you're running to get to the exam because you're late, and ... goddammit you're naked!

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Uh Riptide, nobody has that one.

See a shrink, please.

Draft saved Draft deleted