1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The easiest money you ever made

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Look, we've been over sperm donation, OK? Bring something new to the conversation.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

See, RB donates his sperm in a cup, while Kemp, you know...

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Ding, ding, ding... we have another winner.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Finding a $100 bill on the sidewalk.

Also, sleep studies, dunk tanks and "borrowing" a family member's personal belongings and selling them on eBay.

6. Blair Waldorf

Blair Waldorf Member

I bake cupcakes for parties.

7. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Talking a buddy (big Duke fan) into a $100 bet before the 2001-02 college basketball season. He had Duke. I had whoever the other 63 teams ended up being. Made the bet in September.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you had to wade through the dreck the students wrote. Hell, I've judged professional contests and felt like shooting myself in the head after reading some of the crap that was turned in.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Worked a project that paid me real well to start with, but at the end, the manager had cash left over in her budget and (for reasons too complex to get into here) she had great incentive to wind up with $0 in her account. So she pushed it all out to us in the form of extra checks. For me, that was about $1,500.

Wrote a magazine piece for an organization that published more than one magazine. They paid me for running it in one, then eventually also paid me for running it in all the others. My understanding was that the first check covered any re-use for them, but for some reason they insisted. Another $1K, as I recall.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

$600 bucks to do a stadium guide for a place I had already been to like 35 times.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I once turned down $20 for winning a billiards match back in 1993.

This one guy was basically a shark, beating a bunch of good players. My first time I faced him, I more than held my own. I joked to someone "if I beat him, he should pay me" when I overheard him talk about getting money from one of the guys he beat.

My next match, I beat him. He asked if he owed me $20 for beating him.

I couldn't take the money, especially since I didn't knowingly get into a bet.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Was it Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince? He's a pool hustler.

Draft saved Draft deleted