1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Eagles' New Album

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Jan 12, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I guess we can call you chazp junior?

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Same here. And I generally like the Eagles.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think the Eagles were one of the defining bands of the '70s and '80s. And I think Frey, Henley and Walsh all did some great solo stuff.

But very little of what they've done since their comeback has appealed to me. The only thing I can say I really liked was "Love Will Keep Us Alive."

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Was never much of a fan of the eagles, not matter the decade, but "James Dean" came over the iPod the other day. Mighty fine song.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

we can no longer be friends.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Totally agree on the consensus shrug of the shoulders for the album. It was okay, but its not something I'm going to bring along on a road trip. I just don't understand how Henley and Frey can crank out 10-15 great songs in a 10 year period and then not come up with ANY over a 20 year spell. You'd think at some point they would have come up with something that they put down on paper just in case the Eagles ever reunited. Instead, the album sounds like stuff cranked out by some Nashville writing session for some singer's annual album.

Draft saved Draft deleted